Random thoughts on everyday life from a delusional, often whacky mind.....

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Stuck on that silly mid-week bump-in-the-road...

Funny thing is, I've actually been looking forward to today for ages! Well, at least since January, when some silly obsession posessed me to take on training for RPM....a programme that I was so obsessed about I would throw fits if I missed class!

Anyway, today's basically assessment day. I've got to video myself (UGH! Hate self videos - what they say about cameras adding 10 lbs is a lie - it adds a good 20!) and submit the danged thing to the guys down under (no, not basement level of the gym, but the wonderful land of the Koalas and Kangaroos).....

Spent the whole of last night just going mad trying to perfect the choreography for the tracks I'm doing.........:( Well, hope all goes well tonight...

Still stuck at the office now though. On hindsight, maybe I should've just taken the day off.....my body is here in my cubicle, but my mind is elsewhere.............

Watched this silly marathon run of sex & the city last night on cable.......Honestly, its my first time watching the series and I already have issues about those 4 women.

Carrie is the one I really wanna hit her over the head with that book she constantly seems to be working on. I mean, c'mon......whats her hang up about letting her friends have their own fun? She seems single mindedly bent on making their lives centred around her. This one episode was hilarious - she was trying to get the rest of them to join her and Samantha in Atlantic city for a "girl's night out".....when the other two didnt wanna go cos they had LIVES to lead, she did everything in her power to get them to go.....I dunno bout you guys, but theres something seriously loony about a woman who doesnt understand the concept behind the saying "..get your own life, for crying out loud!"

And dont even get me started on Samantha....I mean, seriously, what the heck is the woman's problem with men and jewellery? She has this obsession with this Richard character...obviously rich, and she's obviously loving it not for the person.....I mean, have you seen the man? If he was a jar of jam, he'd be well past his sell-by date (but then again, Samantha's seen better days too...). Anyways, still, the woman is so insecure about herself that she runs 11 floors up the hotel emergency stairway in a pearl thong just cos she's insanely suspicious that her man is sleeping with the room keeping lady.....if samantha was a friend of mine, I'd do anything in my powers to get her admitted for a psychiatric evaluation.......Carrie too, if I have space in the trunk of my car......;)


The girls from Sex & The City in one of their silly little acts of female bonding

Just cant wait for the movie "Brokeback Mountain" to swing by. An Ang Lee production, its an odd storyline to have Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllendhall (not sure of the bloke's last name - some names are just un-spell-able) star as .....if you can believe this one....gay cowboys.....


Heath Ledger to star in Brokeback Mountain

I think Hollywood has run out of ways to make the whole gay angle for movies interesting. Nowadays, you can barely watch a sitcom without either some gay inferences being made or an outright gay character being portrayed as Samantha with pecs.....Its sad to see Hollywood perpetuate the old-fashioned stereotype of the gay man. Lets hope Ang Lee's movie breaks away form that mould......






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home