Random thoughts on everyday life from a delusional, often whacky mind.....

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Getting over the bump ever so slowly.....

Day's finally drawing to a close.....as 5pm swings around, all I can think of is whether I'm gonna royally screw up the assessment tonight.....

Got loads of e-mails from old friends today,....seems everyone is either married, with kids or dating....suddenly I feel so bloody old! Finally got my copy of the photo taken at the wedding of Kok Hoong, a good friend from high school. I MC'ed this wedding reception, mind you and in this particular picture below, there's only two guys (me inclusive) that remain single....a frightening statistic, if you ask me.


Hard to believe only two guys in here remain single

Its a funny thing, being single. You love it because of the freedom it gives you. I mean, think about it - you can be as disgusting as you wanna be, hang out with whomever you wanna hang out with and do whatever, whenever without somebody howling down the phone line threatening to rip your CD collection apart if you're not with him/her within the next 20 minutes.

But on the flipside, you realise your friends whom you hang out with aint gonna be single forever, unless you do everything within your human powers to keep them single. Thoughts of telling gals that my best buddy is gay or telling your best friend the girl he's dating is a pshycho stalker chick may come in handy, if thats the game you wanna play....

But no, thats not for me....A lot of blokes I know get involved cos its "natural". When asked why they are dating, they just tell me that its the "natural course of a man's life...". I disagree.....afterall - whats "natural" anyway? Who decides whats "natural"? Your mom?

I know my mom would kill to see me with a gal right now. I've been single for ages, and truth be told, I can't imagine myself dating anytime soon - just too much I wanna do with my life right now. Its like when you go on a short dream vacation - you pack only whats really necessary - and right now, a relationship for me is about as useful as a tank top on a skiing trip to Norway.

You know....that Carrie character in Sex & the City may be on to something afterall.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home