Random thoughts on everyday life from a delusional, often whacky mind.....

Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm baaack...!

OK...I've gotta admit that this was exactly why I ended my last blog a long, loooong time ago! After a while the blogging fire died a very sad death and I left it where it stood - uncompleted and quite irrelevant to my daily grind.

But then again, I never had this much to bitch about back then either - LOL!

Another week, another set of problems that are bound to crop up either in the office or at the gym. Let me just update you on the office front first. Let's just say that right now, I'd hate to be in my boss' shoes...theres a cold war going on between a partner and a senior associate at the firm, and another war brewing between my head of department and another senior associate in my own little department. E-mails are flying about, accusations being exchanged..if I didn't know better, I'd easily mistake this place for the Congress at capitol hill.....

Its funny how a 3 year old firm can rack up so much discontent in such a short time. We've lost almost 13 lawyers since January this year and more are due to leave....everyone's just WAITING for that chance to present itself.


The firm during happier times

On a happier note, I had a GREAT weekend just chilling. Watched this docu-drama "fahrenheit 911", and it really is something everyone should watch.....thought provoking stuff in there. Also caught up on movies by watching Collateral and Princess Diaries 2 (yeah, I know, its a bloody soppy number but there was really nothing else that was reasonably clear at the friendly old bootleg VCD store)....Tom Cruise rocks as a villain, really. After all those Mr. Nice Guy roles, its refreshing to see him show his other side.


Tom Cruise in a rare "bad guy" role

Talking about the "other side", also watched the Tony Awards last night..it was HILARIOUS seeing Hugh Jackman, of super-macho Wolverine fame, show his feminine side when he performed his signature number from "The Boy From Oz". Imagine Jackman in glam-style gold faux leather pants and a leopard print shirt doing the Lambada on stage....;) Something I'd never thought I'd see in this lifetime..........LOL!




1 Comments:

Blogger RPMnut said...

When you work in a place that resembles the Malaccan Sultanate to a tee - corrupt, full of ball-carriers and such, thats what you get...

September 17, 2004 at 2:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home